Botanic Gardens Trust, Sydney, Australia
Plant DNA sequencing
The Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust's DNA Sequencing Unit provides a complete plant genetic fingerprinting service for scientific researchers and for the plant breeding industry.
Range of services
- extraction of DNA from plant material
- amplification of DNA
- sequencing of DNA
- DNA finger-printing
- modern plant DNA laboratory
- sequencing and some profiling is done off-site
- Cambridge S360 scanning electron microscope
- comprehensive botanical & horticultural library
- modern tissue culture & seed physiology laboratories
- nursery & glasshouse facilities
- Plant Disease Diagnostic Unit
- laboratory manager (PhD)
- technical staff (graduates)
Our team has available the full resources of the Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust, including
- a large team of specialist botanists
- plant ecologists
- plant pathologist
What does the service cost?
- there will be a set fee for a feasibility study
- subsequent charges depend on the specific project
Use of research data by the Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust
- All research data is made available to our customers at the conclusion of the contract period.
- In addition, the Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust may negotiate to use data, both during and after the contract period, for presentation at seminars, conferences and workshops.
Some of our customers
- New South Wales National Parks & Wildlife Service
- plant breeders
Phone 9231 8170 or 9231 8083
Fax 9251 7231