Recreation, leisure and business events can be catered for at the Australian Botanic Garden. Events of environmental, scientific, horticultural, historical and cultural significance work well in the relaxed surroundings of Australia’s native plant garden. We offer a wide variety of venues:
- Water Garden
- ‘Room with a View’ - Jamie Durie Sculpture
- Marquee Lawn
- Sundial Hill
- Big Idea Garden
- Wedding Arbor - Wattle Garden
- Banksia Garden
1. Water Garden: This area is stunning day or night and provides your wedding with a tropical backdrop. Night lighting sets the perfect scene for any after hours wedding and day or night you will have the back ground sounds of the tranquil waterfall.
2. Room with a View: This amazing structure was designed by celebrity gardener Jamie Durie for the 2004 Sydney in Bloom Garden Show. It has a central circle which lends itself to being a perfect site for wedding ceremonies while allowing your guests to surround your during the nuptials.
3. Lakeside: As the name suggests this area is adjacent to Lake Sedgwick and can be used for either ceremony or photographs. It is a beautiful setting with native ducks swimming in the waters and almost always a gentle breeze blowing.
4. Marquee Lawn: If you want privacy and a picturesque location, then the Marquee Lawn is for you. Set behind the Lakeside area, this very private area has its own lake surrounded by beautifully manicured lawns.
5. Sundial Hill: On a clear day this is the best location in the Garden with views to straight the Sydney skyline and the surrounding countryside. Great location for ceremony or photos.
6. Big Idea Garden: The Garden features 118 different varieties of Callistemon trees and shrubs, favourite Australian garden plants.
7. Wattle Garden wedding arbor: Have you always dreamed of being married beneath a wedding arch? Then have your dreams come true at the Wattle Garden where our wedding arch has been designed with an intimate garden surround.
8. Banksia Garden: This garden with its dense growth provides a near rainforest experience and backdrop to any wedding or wedding photography.
Click here for information on disability access.
For further information contact the Functions and Events Officer here.