- Planning your visit
- What's On
- The Garden
- Tours & Education
- Australian PlantBank
- Cycling at the Australian Botanic Garden
- Fast Facts
- Weddings, Venues & Sporting Activities
Planning your visit
Where are we:
Narellan Road, Mount Annan, New South Wales, 2567, Australia
For deliveries go to:
Mount Annan Drive, Mount Annan, New South Wales, 2567, Australia
To contact us:
Phone +61 2 4634 7935
Fax + 61 2 4634 7963
Click on the map to view locations of your three Botanic Gardens
The Garden is open every day of the year. Hours of opening are:
Autumn, Winter and Spring - 8am to 5pm
Summer - 8am to 7pm
The Mountain Bike Trail (MTB) is open the same hours as the Garden. Foundation and Friends members have access from sunrise to sunset. Please monitor our Facebook page for track status.
Cost of entry
Entry to the Garden is FREE.
How to Find Us
The Australian Botanic Garden is 57 km from the Sydney CBD, about 45 minutes drive from the city. Please see directions below:
Car: from the east: from the M5 Motorway take the Narellan Road exit - Route 9. Take the right fork towards Camden/Narellan along Narellan Rd. Continue along Narellan Rd and turn left at second set of traffic lights; from the west: Follow the Northern Road onto Narellan Rd at Narellan. Continue along Narellan Rd and turn right at traffic lights indicated by the brown tourist sign the 'Australian Botanic Garden'.
Public transport: Take the train from Central Railway Station to Campbelltown Railway Station, then buses run between Campbelltown railway station and Camden via Mount Annan. Phone Busabout for information on 02 4631 4200. Please note that it is a 4km walk from the bus stop on Narellan Road to the Visitor Centre.
Directions and traffic conditions: For directions from your home to the Garden, and current traffic conditions, phone the Roads & Traffic Authority on 132 701 or visit Live Traffic NSW.
When visiting the Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan, please be aware of zoned parking areas and road regulations. The roads within the Garden are public roads and therefore all normal traffic regulations apply.
Infringement notices will be issued to vehicles parked illegally in no stopping, accessible parking and bus zones at the Garden. This is to control traffic in certain areas and to alleviate the congestion, safety and access issues.
It is our top priority for visitors to have the most enjoyable and safe experience while at the Garden. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please help us care for the Garden by following a few simple rules during your visit. We ask visitors to remember:
- Observe all signs, including speed limits, for your safety and information
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Drive only on designated, sealed roads
- Park only on road edges or in marked parking areas
- The speed limit is 30 km/h
- Pedestrians have right of way throughout the Garden
- Leave pets and firearms at home - note that domestic pets are not permitted in the Garden
- Only gas barbecues can be used in the Garden
- Be aware that all wildlife is protected including snakes, spiders and lizards
- Always wear a helmet when riding bicycles, scooters and skateboards
- Respect other visitors’ recreation and safety
- Take rubbish with you.
Please do not:
- Light fires
- Camp anywhere on site
- Swim, wade or fish in lakes, ponds or creeks
- Pick, damage, remove plants or climb or affix anything to trees
- Ride skateboards, use rollerblades or bicycles in the Connections Garden
- Fly kites near electrical power lines, trees or groups of people
- Push objects into the ground, such as cricket stumps or tent pegs, due to concerns about the spread of soil-borne diseases
Regulations: click here for full list of regulations for the Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust.
For current weather at the Garden click here.