- Royal Botanic Garden & Domain
- Australian Botanic Garden
- Blue Mountains Botanic Garden
- Our publications
- Feature stories
- The Botanic Gardens Bicentenary 2016
With scenery as spectacular as this ... you will never forget your special day. Your wedding should be the most memorable day of your life and with 416 hectares of stunning locations to choose from, the Australian Botanic Garden can help you make sure it is.
Here at the Garden we have chosen ten locations that we think are picture perfect spots to take your vows. But donít let us stop you from choosing any other location that you might find here.
Even if you are taking your vows in a more traditional location, let the Australian Botanic Garden be the backdrop that will be with you forever when you look back at your photos. Gorgeous backdrops are our specialty - whether you are looking for open fields for the country look, ferns and foliage for a rainforest feel, the perfect skyline for a stunning sunset or take your breath away night shots at the Water Garden. We have it all.
So take a look at the our photo gallery or come out and find your own special location to make your special day one youíll never forget.
Terms, Conditions and Fees
Please see the Wedding Booking Application for the Terms and Conditions for use of the Garden as well as the Fee Structure for hire of the different locations.
1. Water Garden: This area is stunning day or night and provides your wedding with a tropical backdrop. Night lighting sets the perfect scene for any after hours wedding and day or night you will have the back ground sounds of the tranquil waterfall.
2. Room with a View: This amazing structure was designed by celebrity gardener Jamie Durie for the 2004 Sydney in Bloom Garden Show. It has a central circle which lends itself to being a perfect site for wedding ceremonies while allowing your guests to surround your during the nuptials.
3. Lakeside: As the name suggests this area is adjacent to Lake Sedgwick and can be used for either ceremony or photographs. It is a beautiful setting with native ducks swimming in the waters and almost always a gentle breeze blowing.
4. Marquee Lawn: If you want privacy and a picturesque location, then the Marquee Lawn is for you. Set behind the Lakeside area, this very private area has its own lake surrounded by beautifully manicured lawns.
5. Sundial Hill: On a clear day this is the best location in the Garden with views to straight the Sydney skyline and the surrounding countryside. Great location for ceremony or photos.
6. Big Idea Garden: The Garden features 118 different varieties of Callistemon trees and shrubs, favourite Australian garden plants.
7. Wattle Garden wedding arbor: Have you always dreamed of being married beneath a wedding arch? Then have your dreams come true at the Wattle Garden where our wedding arch has been designed with an intimate garden surround.
8. Banksia Garden: This garden with its dense growth provides a near rainforest experience and backdrop to any wedding or wedding photography.
Photos: Jeff Darmanin