The Biome Top End
The Biome Top End will be a unique visitor destination nestled within the Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney. It will connect the community with our natural world and help inspire a new generation of environmental advocates.
Recreating a natural landscape from the top end of Australia, school children and visitors of all ages will experience the story of the Australian environment through its people, vegetation, ancient geology, climate, animals and Indigenous stewardship.
- Explore a gorge, a creek and mature boab trees rescued from destruction in tropical Australia.
- Experience the changeable wind, rain and humidity of the six seasons as recognised by Indigenous Australians in the Top End.
- Learn through virtual classrooms, connecting students in rural, remote and international areas via online technology.
- Enjoy high-definition theatre entertainment showcasing the connection between plants, animals and people.
- View exhibitions of rare, historical manuscripts, artworks and botanical treasures.
The Biome Top End will be a stunning architectural masterpiece for Sydney with a graceful waveform, echoing the shape of the surrounding tree canopy. It will be environmentally sustainable and provide full disability-access.
We invite you to donate today and play a part in developing this unique Australian experience.