- Royal Botanic Garden & Domain
- Australian Botanic Garden
- Blue Mountains Botanic Garden
- Feature stories
- Beautiful winter-flowering camellias
- New Caledonia Quest
- Discover the wonderful art of photography
- Tropical botany travels nationally
- Master Plan
- World Environment Day
- National Science Week
- Digital Education
- Small Trees for Sydney
- What - not another name change?
- The Australian PlantBank scoops architectural awards
- Budding Photography competition
- Garden Sketching Safari
- Wattles - tough on earth and in space
- Resolving nodes on the Tree of Life
- Moth orchids
- Garden Safari
- Shearing sheep
- Plastic marine pollution
- Blue Mountains Garden Safari
- Singapore’s 'Gardens by the Bay'
- Humdinger Herbs
- Out of Australia
- Tomato Festival Sydney
- The 2014 vintage
- Wollemi pine
- Mint Velvet
- New Garden Pavilion
- Harbourlights NYE
- Frangipani Show
- Garden Grooves
- Quick links
2014 Budding Photographer Competition
Entries are now open for the 2014 Budding Photography competition.
With a prize pool of over $1,500 including cash and prizes, there is plenty of reason to bring your camera to the Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan to try and snap that winning shot.
Last year we received more than 270 entries, and the competition is set to be just as strong in 2014.
This is a great way to explore the country’s largest Botanic Garden and further develop your skills in photography. Competition categories include People in Gardens, Plants and Animals, Landscapes, Up Close and Personal (Macro) as well as categories for Primary School and High School aged students.
The Garden offers endless opportunities to capture stunning images of Australian plants, animals and landscapes. Let the wonderful textures, colours and shapes offer inspiration for creative imagery.
A $10 fee per image applies for general entry, and photos entered in the children’s categories are only $5 per entry. Members of the Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens receive a 10% discount on all entries. All photographs submitted into the competition must be taken at the Garden.