- Royal Botanic Garden & Domain
- Australian Botanic Garden
- Blue Mountains Botanic Garden
- Feature stories
- Australian Garden Show
- Run for your Gardens
- Winter Gold
- Waratahs and Wollemis
- Beautiful winter-flowering camellias
- World Heritage Centre
- Tropical botany travels nationally
- Budding Photographer Exhibition
- Fusarium Workshop
- New Caledonia Quest
- Curator/Manager positions
- Master Plan
- National Science Week
- World Environment Day
- Digital Education
- Small Trees for Sydney
- What - not another name change?
- The Australian PlantBank scoops architectural awards
- Budding Photography competition
- Garden Sketching Safari
- Wattles - tough on earth and in space
- Resolving nodes on the Tree of Life
- Moth orchids
- Garden Safari
- Shearing sheep
- Plastic marine pollution
- Blue Mountains Garden Safari
- Singapore’s 'Gardens by the Bay'
- Humdinger Herbs
- Out of Australia
- Tomato Festival Sydney
- The 2014 vintage
- Wollemi pine
- Mint Velvet
- New Garden Pavilion
- Frangipani Show
- Garden Grooves
- Discover the wonderful art of photography
- Quick links
Get creative, join a Garden Sketching Safari!
If you want to get in touch with your creative side, a visit to the Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan is a must this autumn. As part of the Autumn in Your Gardens festival, the Garden is offering visitors the chance to join a sketching safari in the Garden on Sunday 31 May led by renowned artist and teacher, Ellen Fiedler.
From rolling hills, reflective lakes and intricate flora, to amazing wildlife such as birds, echidnas and wallaroos, the Garden offers endless opportunity for budding artists to explore their talents.The sketching safaris will provide visitors with the opportunity to learn different sketching techniques from a credible artist, while experiencing a unique sense of connectedness with the natural world around them. Ellen Fiedler has been in numerous group and solo exhibits and has won many awards including the Newtown Community Annual Art Award.
The Sketching Safari will be held on Sunday 31 May 11 am - 1 pm for all ages and levels. The cost $22 per person and all materials are supplied. Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. A 10% discount applies for members of the Foundation and Friends of Botanic Gardens.
Bookings are essential online or at 9231 8182.