- Royal Botanic Garden & Domain
- Australian Botanic Garden
- Blue Mountains Botanic Garden
- Our publications
- Feature stories
- New Caledonia Quest
- Wild!Rhino Sculpture Trail
- Garden Grooves
- Blue Mountains Garden Safari
- Tomato Festival Sydney
- The 2014 vintage
- Help save Australian plant life
- Mint Velvet
- New Garden Pavilion
- Harbourlights NYE
- New PlantBank mobile app
- Garden celebrates a significant milestone
- Frangipani Show
- Australian PlantBank opens
- Home-grown honey
- Festival of Walking
- Pizza Plants
- Spring Walk
- St.George Openair Cinema
- Experience Your Garden
- Elusive carnivorous plants
- Wild about Waratahs
- Good Food Month
- International Fleet Review
- Plants as art forms
- Homeotic mutants are red
- Robert ĎBobí George Coveny
- Sharing the indigenous knowledge of PNG
- Eleven new liverwort species
- Sea Wall to be restored
- New public amenity
- Aboriginal heritage tour
- Sulphur-crested cockatoo research
- Previous feature stories
- Quick links
Public viewing areas (managed access)
There are two free public viewing areas available to general public on New Year's Eve. These two public viewing areas are managed-access events offering catering and bar services. Security bag checking will be in operation at all access points and restricted items will not be permitted. Click here to view NYE information map.
Mrs Macquaries Point offers unsurpassed panoramic views of Sydney Harbour, the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Sydney Opera House and the city skyline. Access is via Art Gallery Road.
Tarpeian Precinct - access via Macquarie Street
Tarpeian Precinct, adjacent to the Sydney Opera House, has stunning views of Sydney Harbour, the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. This location offers a fine vantage point for viewing the New Year's Eve fireworks display. Access is via Macquarie Street.
The Royal Botanic Garden will be open from 7 am until 3 pm on 31 December, with access via Morshead Gate only - located on the corner of Macquarie and Bent Streets. There will be no access to NYE public viewing areas or event sites via the Garden at any time. The Royal Botanic Garden will close at 3 pm and all members of the public will be required to exit via Morshead Gate. View NYE information map.
New Year's Eve at the Royal Botanic Garden and Domain is a Waste Wise Event
The Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust is committed to achieving best practice in environmental management. Help us lessen the impact of NYE celebrations on our environment by making your new yearís resolution to be a part of the solution to environmental sustainability rather than the problem. We need your help to keep the recycling streams clean! Please use the correct bin when disposing of general waste or recycling. If you bring a picnic, please pack it in reusable containers and take them home with you. All packaging of food and drinks sold on Trust land for NYE is biodegradable or recyclable. We cannot recycle containers if the recycling bins have general waste in them. If contaminated, the recycling station will send the containers to landfill. Help us protect our environment and contribute to a sustainable future.
Responsible Service of Alcohol
Only people aged 18 and over are able to drink and purchase alcoholic beverages. If you are aged between 18 and 25 years or look particularly young and wish to purchase alcohol at our events you maybe asked to show proof of age.
You will need to provide security and bar staff with the following proof of identity:
- NSW Transport Drivers Licence or Interstate Drivers Licence http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/index.html
- Passport (NO Photocopies)
- NSW RTA Photo Card http://www.olgr.nsw.gov.au/liquor_info_photo_card.asp or interstate Proof of Age cards
- Overseas Driver Licences with photo ID incorporated
- International identification cards, international drivers licences and internal passports from other countries are only acceptable with photo ID.