School holiday and other kids' activities
The three Gardens have a changing program of hands-on activities designed for children during the school holidays and over summer. Activities are fun for the whole family.
Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney
When: During term-time Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10.30 am - 12.00 noon
Where: Lawn next to Victoria Gate Lodge, Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney. Enter through Victoria Gate from Mrs Macquaries Road. Click here for map.
Cost: $135 per family for a term of Tuesdays or a term of Thursdays (max. 2 children, $50 per extra child). Casual places are also available each week $15 per family. Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens receive a 10% discount.
Bookings essential: We have limited casual spaces available each week. Bookings open from Monday of the week prior - phone 9231 8134
Autumn Light and Colour
Explore the Sydney Garden through art. Children will have fun doing creative projects inspired by the light and colours of the Garden in autumn. Suitable for children 6-12 years.
When: Tues 7-Fri 10 April & Mon 13-Fri 17 April, 10.30 am-12 pm & 1 pm-2.30 pm
Where: Education Centre, the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Cost: Member’s child $16.50, non-member’s child $18 Materials provided
Bookings: essential, phone 9231 8182 or book online (see below). More information with booking.
Session online booking links:
- Tuesday 7 April Morning Session FULLY BOOKED
- Tuesday 7 April Afternoon Session
- Wednesday 8 April Morning Session FULLY BOOKED
- Wednesday 8 April Afternoon Session FULLY BOOKED
- Thursday 9 April Morning Session FULLY BOOKED
- Thursday 9 April Afternoon Session FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 10 April Morning Session FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 10 April Afternoon Session
- Monday 13 April Morning Session FULLY BOOKED
- Monday 13 April Afternoon Session FULLY BOOKED
- Tuesday 14 April Morning Session FULLY BOOKED
- Tuesday 14 April Afternoon Session
- Wednesday 15 April Morning Session
- Wednesday 15 April Afternoon Session FULLY BOOKED
- Thursday 16 April Morning Session FULLY BOOKED
- Thursday 16 April Afternoon Session FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 17 April Morning Session FULLY BOOKED
- Friday 17 April Afternoon Session FULLY BOOKED
Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, Mount Tomah
Living Worlds Self-Guided Trail
Pick up your trail guide from the Visitor Centre, then find the six trail stops to discover some weird and amazing plants and the mini-worlds in which they live. Answer the quiz questions to solve the puzzle and win a prize! Suitable for children aged 6-12 years. Got a green thumb? Come along to Helping Hands and experience the work that goes into maintaining the Garden - from pruning and planting to mulching and weeding - while helping one of the horticulturists. Wear boots with ankle support and bring a hat, sunscreen, gloves and plenty of water.
When: Every day throughout autumn, 9.30 am-5 pm daily
Where: Visitor Centre, Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, Mount Tomah
Cost: Member’s child/non-member’s child $6
Enquiries: 4567 3000
Story Time at the Garden
A delightful live reading of popular children’s books especially for kids. Featuring live action, audience participation and sound effects, this is excellent holiday entertainment fun for all the family. Presented by Entertainment Blue Mountains.
When: Fri 10 April 10 am-11.30 am OR 1 pm-2.30 pm
Where: Botanists Way Discovery Centre and Garden
Cost: Member’s child $22.50, non-member’s child $25 Suitable for children 4-12 years
Bookings: essential, phone 9231 8182 or book online for morning session or afternoon session.
| || |
| || |
Mystery of the munchers
Breakfast with feathered friends, photo: Glenn Smith
Kids on safari! Photo: Jan Allen