|Address & contact details || |
The Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney
Mrs Macquaries Road Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Phone: 02-9231 8111 or weekends 02-9231 8125
Fax: 02-9251 4403 (International code +61)
Email the Royal Botanic Garden
Click on map to view locations of your three Botanic Gardens
This month in your Garden
All year in your Garden
- Domain: open 24 hours every day except for special or ticketed events.
- Royal Botanic Garden:
October: 7 am-7.30 pm
November-February: 7 am-8 pm
March: 7 am-6.30 pm
April & September: 7 am-6 pm
May & August: 7 am-5.30 pm
June & July: 7 am-5 pm
- Sydney Tropical Centre: Closed for redevelopment.
- Sydney Fernery and Succulent Garden: open daily 9 am-4.30 pm daily except Christmas Day and Good Friday (free entry).
Note: no pets allowed in the Garden
|Entry fees || |
FREE entry to Garden
|Map of the Garden || |
Download site map for the Royal Botanic Garden & Domain
See more maps & photos
|Getting there || |
|Disability access || |
Download accessible paths map
More information on disability access - wheelchair hire, accessible toilets, indoor and outdoor venues, entrances and parking.
|Visitor facilities || |
Palm Grove Centre - click on map to enlarge
- Palm Grove Centre: located in the centre of the Royal Botanic Garden, includes Gardens Shop, Visitor Information area, Botanic Gardens Restaurant & Cafe and Toilets
- Visitor information: located in the Palm Grove Centre, open 9.30 am to 4.30 pm daily except Christmas Day and Good Friday.
- Wheelchair hire: available at the Garden Shop in the Palm Grove Centre.
Education Service: designed to meet a range of school, school holiday and community needs. Phone 9231 8134 for bookings.
Botanical Information Service and Public Reference Collection: phone 9231 8155.
Foundation & Friends of the Botanic Gardens: phone 9231 8182.
|Garden Shop || |
- Open: 9.30 am-5 pm daily, 9.30 am-4.30 pm June and July.
- Located in the Palm Grove Centre, open 9.30 am to 5 pm daily except Christmas Day and Good Friday. Phone 9231 8125, fax: +61 2 9252 8701
- Foundation & Friends members receive a 10% discount.
All profits from the shop benefit the Garden.
|Walks & tours || |
- Free guided walks: For individuals or small family groups, daily at 10.30 am (except Public Holidays) - allow 1.5 hours.
Free walks Mon-Fri at 1 pm (Mar-Nov only, except Public Holidays) - allow 1 hour.
Walks depart from the Information Counter at the Palm Grove Centre.
- Organised groups: bookings essential, fees apply, phone 9231 8134.
- Aboriginal heritage tours: Join one of our Aboriginal Education Officers for a journey of discovery. Uncover the Royal Botanic Garden's rich Aboriginal heritage, by exploring plant uses, culture, artefacts, and taste some bush foods. 10 am Fridays - 1.5 hours (bookings essential). Bookings and enquiries: ph. 9231 8134. Booked Aboriginal Heritage Tours are available Monday to Friday on request.
Download Choo Choo Express Scenic Train map
- Scenic train tour by Choo Choo Express
- Operates daily every 30 minutes (weather permitting): Monday-Friday: 10 am - 4.30 pm Oct-April, 11 am - 4 pm May-October, Saturday-Sunday: 10 am - 4.30 pm.
- Cost: adults $10, children $5.
Restaurants, cafes and kiosks
- Botanic Gardens Restaurant: lunches from 12 noon daily, brunch on weekends, reservations and private functions phone 9241 2419. Cafe open 8.30 am-4.30 pm.
- The Pavilion: restaurant open for lunch daily, reservations and private functions phone 9232 1322. Kiosk open 7.30 am-4 pm daily.
- Palace Gate Cafe: open weekdays 8 am-5 pm, Saturdays 9.30 am-4.30 pm, Sundays 10 am - 4 pm, phone 9252 5779.
- Shop on the Hop: fast food outlet located at Mrs Macquaries Point, weather permitting.
|Weddings, venues and exhibition spaces || |
Download Indoor venues map, including Rathborne Lodge, Lion Gate Lodge, Palm House and Maiden Theatre
|Visitor code & regulations || |
Please walk on the grass! We also invite you to smell the roses, hug the trees, talk to the birds and picnic on the lawns.
Etiquette Please, no pets, bicycle riding, scooter riding, rollerblading, rollerskating, frisbees or ball games. These activities are allowed in the Domain only.
This beautiful Garden is for everyone to enjoy Please donít collect plants or flowers, climb on the trees, or walk on garden beds.
If you need to contact a ranger Our rangers are employed to assist visitors and enforce the regulations. Phone 0419 270 279 or inquire at the Palm Grove Visitor Information area or the Gardens Shop.
Enjoying your visit? Can we make your next visit more enjoyable? Your feedback is most welcome. Write your comments in the Visitorsí Book in the Palm Grove Visitor Information area or phone 9231 8111.
click here for full list of regulations
for the Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust.
|Weather ||View weather forecast for Royal Botanic Garden Sydney|
|Fast facts ||View Fast Facts|
|History || |
|Tourist links || |