Unique stories of Australian Plants - Blue Mountains World Heritage
Hire a MP3 at the Garden Shop.
Download as either iTunes Podcast or RSS Feed.
Listen to audio tour
- 1 Audio Track General introduction to Mount Tomah (876.9 KB)
- 2 Audio Track Station 1A: Tomah (1.3 MB)
- 3 Audio Track Station 1B: Tomah (1.1 MB)
- 4 Audio Track Station 2: Introduction (230.9 KB)
- 5 Audio Track Station 2A: The great survivors - the Wollemi Pine story (1.1 MB)
- 6 Audio Track Station 2B: The great survivors - the Wollemi Pine story (973.7 KB)
- 7 Audio Track Station 3: Introduction (176.9 KB)
- 8 Audio Track Station 3A: Gondwana - the original ark (1.1 MB)
- 9 Audio Track Station 3B: Gondwana - the original ark (1.0 MB)
- 10 Audio Track Station 4: Introduction (216.4 KB)
- 11 Audio Track Station 4A: Live fast, die young - the triumph of the flowering plants (1.0 MB)
- 12 Audio Track Station 4B: Live fast, die young - the triumph of the flowering plants (1.1 MB)
- 13 Audio Track Station 5: Introduction (260.7 KB)
- 14 Audio Track Station 5A: This fantastic land on monstrosities - the story of Proteaceae (1.2 MB)
- 15 Audio Track Station 5B: This fantastic land on monstrosities - the story of Proteaceae (1.1 MB)
- 16 Audio Track Station 6: Introduction (211.8 KB)
- 17 Audio Track Station 6A: On your knees please - exploring the Bog Garden (684.8 KB)
- 18 Audio Track Station 6B: On your knees please - exploring the Bog Garden (457.3 KB)
- 19 Audio Track Station 6C: On your knees please - exploring the Bog Garden (820.3 KB)
- 20 Audio Track Station 7: Introduction (214.9 KB)
- 21 Audio Track Station 7A: A sunburnt country - the Australian woodlands (1.4 MB)
- 22 Audio Track Station 7B: A sunburnt country - the Australian woodlands (1.1 MB)
- 23 Audio Track Credits (291.1 KB)
Touching Time audio tour credits:
- This audio tour was produced by Elanus
Word and Image for the Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, Mount Tomah.
- Thanks to Rob Smith, Director,
the Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, Mount Tomah,
for the initial idea and on-going
inspiration and support.
- Ian Brown and Gregg Borschmann who worked
on the project concept,
research, writing and editing.
- Mount Tomah Botanic Garden liaison by
- Gregg Borschmann did the oral history
interviews and the narration.
- Technical production was by Ian Neilson
with Ben Anderson.
- Richard Delaney helped to ensure that it
all worked on the audio players.
- Voice-overs were by Robbie Clarke, Roly
Clarke, Ted Coxedge, Nimmi Woods,
Wyn Jones, Ian Brown, Ian Neilson,
John Clarke, Marianne Bate and Kate Chidlow.
- The Sal and William Thornhill’s quotes are
copyright, taken from The Secret River
by Kate Grenville, published by The
Text Publishing Co, Australia 2005.
- And finally, thanks especially to those
people who told their stories – Rob Smith,
Jan Allen, Ross Ingram, Mat Murray,
Dave Crestani, Peter Weston, Tim Entwisle
and Doug Benson.
- Photos: Jan Allen
- © Botanic Gardens Trust 2007