Under Section 20 of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act), the Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust must have a publication guide. This guide contains information similar to that within the Statement of Affairs required under the Freedom of Information Act 1989.
The publication guide describes:
- the Trust’s structure and functions
- how these structures and functions (in particular, decision-making functions) affect the public
- how members of the public can participate in policy development and the exercise of the Trust’s functions
- the types of information held by the Trust
- the information that the trust makes publicly available
- how members of the public can access information
- whether or not a charge is imposed for information
The Trust’s publication guide is currently being reviewed by the Office of the Information Commissioner. The Publication Guide can be downloaded here.