The Disney Fairies Trail: Magic in our Natural World
Our experience and feedback has been overwhelmingly positive, both internally from the global organisation, and externally from so much great users’ feedback. With well over 10,000 installs, we hope that we have changed the hearts and minds of families and kids in some small way as they engage with nature.
Katie Cordes, Strategic Integration and Partnerships, Disney Channels Australia & New Zealand
A magical journey was created for our littlest vistors. Plants came to life as the Walt Disney Company (Australia) partnered with the Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney, Melbourne, the Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah and the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan.
The Disney Fairies Trail and app allowed children to find and fly the Disney Fairies using magical augmented reality technology.
In Sydney’s Royal Botanic Garden the Disney Fairies led children to:
- Dry desert worlds of the Succulent Garden
- Back in time to the land of the dinosaurs in the Sydney Fernery
- Bush tucker and medicine plants used by the Cadigal people
- A scented trail around the luscious Herb Garden.
The app included:
- Animations of familiar Disney Fairies
- Maps to explore the gardens and find the Disney Fairies
- Activities to do at each Disney Fairies Trail location
- The ability to bring the Disney Fairies to life in your own home after your visit to the gardens.
The Disney Fairy Trail showed thousands of children the true magic of our natural world. The partnership reinforced brand recognition and values while fulfilling key social responsibility and education objectives for the Walt Disney Company in Australia.