TransGrid: Employee Environmentalists
Our ongoing partnership with the Australian PlantBank demonstrates the commitment that TransGrid has to the protection and preservation of our fragile environment.
Katy Hannouch, Manager Stakeholder Engagement, TransGrid
TransGrid share our goal to preserve Australian biodiversity.
In 2010 they sponsored the construction of the Seed Processing Room at the new Australian PlantBank. In 2014 they extended that commitment with a further three year investment in scientific research.
Corporate Social Responsibility
TransGrid enable our scientists to:
- Work towards the global target of conserving 75% of NSW threatened plant species, including flora, by 2020
- Work towards the global target of conserving 25% of the earth’s dry land plant species by 2020
- Research into conservation techniques for challenging rainforest species
- Exchange with seedbanks worldwide to ensure best practice.
- Bespoke TransGrid Family Days were developed - a fun, team building day to get hands dirty and to give something back.
- TransGrid staff and their families enjoyed exclusive behind the scenes tours of the Australian PlantBank.
- Our Community Education Officer programmed a day of activities for all ages.
- The families became hands on environmentalists. They have helped to extend the Cumberland Plain Woodland Ecological Community, worked on our African Olive Control Program, and in February 2015 planted over 230 new grasses in the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan.
Four years on, TransGrid employees take pride in their company’s environmental program and their personal contribution to it.