What exactly is seaweed? In this virtual session, students will work with a Gardens Educator to discover the amazing world of seaweed. Learn about local seaweed species and discover how this living organism grows, survives and reproduces in its watery habitat to produce up to 70 per cent of the oxygen in the atmosphere. Be inspired to help our coastal ocean habitats. Learn the Science of Seaweed found near you!
- Students will learn to group and classify seaweed
- They will discover the unique adaptations and lifecycles of a local seaweed, and create their own Herbarium specimen
- Students will also discover the fascinating interconnections of life within a rockpool
Date: November 26th 2021 | 1:45 - 2:45pm
Who: Homeschool students, recommended for stages 2 & 3. Students outside of these stages are welcome to book, however the content and activities will be aimed at stage 2 & 3.
Cost: $10 per student
Capacity: 30 students
Connection details: This session will be hosted via Microsoft Teams. Participants will be emailed the connection link closer to the session date.
Resources: Participants will be emailed the recommended resources upon booking.
Please note: We have a minimum attendance for this session to run. If minimum attending numbers are not met, the session will be cancelled with 48 hours notice via email. A refund will apply in this instance.
- Each attending student must have a valid ticket to participate in this session.
- At least one supervising parent must always be online with their student/s during the session.
- Parents attend free of charge as behaviour management remains the responsibility of the parent.
- Other homeschool students and parents may be attending this session. As such, video and microphones of participants will be disabled upon entry to the session. Time will be allocated during the session for Q&A.
- Please ensure you have an appropriate device and internet connection to attend this session. Refunds do not apply due to technical issues on the user end.