Living Laboratory festival celebrates all the environmental sciences, kicking off from 11am on the lawns at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney. Set between our NSW Herbarium with over 1.4 million specimens, and our Plant Clinic and Nursery, the festival will have stalls, talks, demonstrations and scientists for you to meet and ask your burning questions. Whether you’re a home gardener or a budding scientist there will be something for everyone. Bring along the whole family for a day of discovery. Free event with ticketed aspects.
- Living Laboratory village with Royal Botanic Garden scientists and hands-on science stalls
- Free science talks and demonstrations
- Food trucks and stalls
- Free behind-the-scenes tours
- Children’s activities including fossil-making, face-painting and science experiments
- Free Plant Explorer activities with Macquarie University students
- “Wild Thing Exhibition” closing party
As well as providing stunning horticultural displays in spectacular locations, the Botanic Gardens are a place where our world-leading plant scientists are embracing some of the most critical challenges facing humanity today.