The Calyx is a hub of activity, home to one of the largest green walls in the southern hemisphere, cafe, shopping and an exciting range of events and workshops.
Located within the heart of the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney, The Calyx (pron. kal-iks) is defined as 'the sepals of a flower, typically forming a whorl that encloses the petals and forms a protective layer around a flower bud'.
The Calyx is now open, with our newest horticultural exhibition inBLOOM.
On occasion, The Calyx is closed for private events and functions. Updates for closures can be found here on our website. The Calyx will be closed for a private event on the following date (s)
The Calyx will be observing strict physical distancing and hygiene measures to protect the health of visitors and staff and minimise the spread of COVID-19. Wearing a fitted face mask is encouraged while you are in any of our indoor spaces. The Calyx is restricted to 200 people within the venue, so please be patient.
What we're asking you to do...
At the Venue...
- All visitors will be asked to check in using the Service NSW app on arrival. This includes all members of any family groups, including children.
- Masks are recommended when visiting The Calyx and are available at the front desk.
- Wait outside if we have reached capacity. We will get you in as quickly as possible.
- Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases (we won’t be accepting cash).
- Don’t visit in a large group.
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell or, if in the last 14 days, you have experienced cold or flu symptoms, have returned from overseas or have been to or had contact with someone from a Covid hotspot.
- Keep up to date with NSW Health advisories about COVID-19, including outbreaks.
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app.
- Consider wearing a face mask when visiting
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times.
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.