The Calyx is a hub of activity, home to one of the largest green walls in the southern hemisphere, cafe, shopping and an exciting range of events and workshops.
Located within the heart of the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney, The Calyx (pron. kal-iks) is defined as 'the sepals of a flower, typically forming a whorl that encloses the petals and forms a protective layer around a flower bud'.
The Calyx’s kiosk, the Leaf Department, is now open 8am–4pm every day. Visit for great coffee and juices, breakfast and lunch sandwiches, sweet treats and snacks.
On occasion, The Calyx is closed for private events and functions. Updates for closures can be found here on our website. The Calyx will be closed on the following date (s)
- Thursday 12, Friday 13, Wednesday 18, Thursday 19 May 2022
The Calyx will be observing strict physical distancing and hygiene measures to protect the health of visitors and staff and minimise the spread of COVID-19.
Safeguarding the health and safety of our visitors and staff is core to what we do at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney.
It is the attendee’s responsibility to ensure that all attendees associated with their booking are complying with the latest requirements of the NSW Government’s COVID-19 Website, which takes precedence over these guidelines.
- do not currently have an active COVID-19 infection
- have not been in contact with someone diagnosed or suspected of having COVID-19 in the last 14 days or are under instruction from NSW Health to isolate.
- are not awaiting a test result for COVID-19
- are not showing any symptoms related to COVID-19