Red Bull Flugtag challenges the brave and brainy to design, build and pilot home-made flying machines off a 6-metre high platform in the hopes of soaring into the skies, or more often, plunging into the waters below.
The event takes place from 11:30 am to 5:00 pm, on Saturday 10 November 2018. It is a free all-ages family event and up to 30,000 patrons are expected to attend.
Public transport options:
• Train: exit via St James, Martin Place or Circular Quay
• Ferry: walk to The Domain from Circular Quay
• Bus: for timetables, maps and trip planning visit www.transportnsw.info
• Mrs Macquarie’s road – Closed from the northern turning circle from 6.45 am on Friday 9 November until 2.00 am on Sunday 11 November 2018.
• Art Gallery Road – Closed from 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm on Saturday 10 November 2018
Some delays may be experienced during peak start and finish times. A vehicle drop off zone will be in place at the corner of Hospital Road and Art Gallery Road after the event which will be unaffected by the Art Gallery Road closure.
The sea wall path From Yurong Gates to north of Fleet Steps will be closed to all pedestrian traffic from 7.00 am on Tuesday 6 November until 6.00 pm on Monday 12 November 2018.
Parking restrictions / parking availability
Limited metered parking is available on site and at the Domain Car Park (operated by Wilson Parking). For prices visit: Domain Car Park
Mobility Pass Holder access
A dedicated event drop off zone will be operational on event day on Mrs Macquarie’s Road just south of the entry to the event site. At the end of the event a dedicated pick up zone will be set up at the corner of Hospital Road and Art Gallery Road (outside of the road closure)
More information on the official website.
View or download the FAQs here.