This Mazada Opera in the Domain is a free, all-ages picnic event, with food and beverage available on-site taking place from 4.00 pm to 10.30 pm on 19 January 2019 with up to 20,000 patrons expected to attend.
Sound checks and rehearsals times for this event will be carried out intermittently at the following times:
The hotline number is (02) 9231 8330.
We encourage patrons to use public transport to and from the event:
- Train: exit via St James, Martin Place or Circular Quay
- Ferry: walk to The Domain from Circular Quay
- Bus: for timetables, maps and trip planning visit www.transportnsw.info
To facilitate easier patron access and parking in the vicinity please note the following traffic changes will occur:
- Road Closures: Art Gallery Road and Hospital Road will be closed to inbound traffic from 8.30 pm to 11.30 pm on Saturday 19 January (vehicles are able to exit, except during main pedestrian egress periods).
- Wider CBD closures: expected to be implemented from 9.30 pm as per Police operations, please visit www.livetraffic.com.
- Drop off zone: The drop off zone will be located on Hospital Road near the corner of Art Gallery Road.
More information can be viewed here