The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney will be busy over the next week with New Year's Eve (31 December 2018) and Field Day (1 January 2019) events taking place.
Visitors should be aware of the road and pathway closures during this time. Useful information and tips for NYE can be viewed here or visit our website with information about each event here.
Field Day information and FAQs can be vewied here.
New Year's Eve
Will the Royal Botanic Garden be open on New Year’s Eve?
Yes to day visitors only. The Royal Botanic Garden will be open from 7.00 am and close at 3.00 pm on Monday 31 December 2018. Entry and exit via Morshead Gate only - located on the corner of Macquarie and Bent Streets.
Is there public parking available close to the site?
Public transport is the best way to get around on New Year’s Eve as extensive road closures will be in place on Monday 31 December 2018.
There is no parking available on Art Gallery Road or Mrs Macquaries Road from 8.00 pm on 30 December 2018 through to 4.00 am on 1 January 2019.
he closest public car park to the site is the Domain Car Park. Please refer to Domain Carpark website for further details and we recommend you contact the operator for access instructions on New Year’s Eve.
The event site will be fenced from 27 December 2018 – 4 January 2019.
Due to the significant size of the infrastructure and set up of this event, for safety reasons it is necessary to close: Phillip Path from 27 December 2018 – 4 January 2019
Arbor Day Walk from 3.00 pm 31 December 2018 – 7.00 am 2 January 2019.
To facilitate easier patron access and parking in the vicinity please note the following traffic changes will occur:
• Road Closures
From 7:00 pm until approx. midnight Art Gallery Road will be closed to incoming traffic.
Police Managed Road Closures to safely manage the events egress include:
- Art Gallery Road from Hospital Road to Mrs Macquarie Road
- St Marys Rd from Prince Albert Road to Sir John Young Crescent
- Prince Albert Road from Macquarie Street to Art Gallery Road
- Hospital Road from Art Gallery Road to Shakespeare Place
- Macquarie Street from Hunter Street to Prince Albert Road
- St James Road from Elizabeth Street to Macquarie Street
- College Street from Park Street to Prince Albert Road
- Cathedral Street at St Marys Road
• Footpath Closures
For the purposes of safety and staging of the event, it is necessary to close:
- Phillip Path from 27 December 2018 – 4 January 2019
- Arbor Day Walk from 3:00 pm, 31 December 2018 – 7:00 am, 2 January 2019.