The Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon
is a family-friendly event encompassing various streets within the Sydney CBD, and an event village in Hyde Park. As part of the event, the running route includes Art Gallery Road and Mrs Macquaries Road. The event will take place from 6:15 am and up to 13,000 patrons are expected to attend.
We encourage to use public transport to and from the event:
- Train: exit via St James, Martin Place or Circular Quay
- Ferry: walk to The Domain from Circular Quay
- Bus: take the State Transit bus route 441
Please note the following special traffic arrangements:
- Special Event Clearways in operation from 3.00 am – 11.00 am Sunday 20 May 2018.
- Alternative parking is available at the Domain Carpark.
- 4.00 am – 11.00 am Art Gallery Road & Mrs Macquaries Road closed. No vehicle movement is permitted between 4.00 am and 11.00 am
- 5.00 am – 10.30 am Hospital Road will operate as a two way road with entry and exit via Shakespeare Place
- Special Event Clearways and road closures will also be in place on roads external to The Domain.
- A map of the road closures can be viewed and downloaded here.