Join us for a night of astronomy and star gazing surrounded by the gorgeous inBLOOM plant display at The Calyx, in the heart of the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney.
Over a glass of wine discover what the night sky teaches you with First Nations astronomer Drew Roberts from Shared Knowledge, then travel through space to visit these mysterious planets far from Earth! More than 4000 planets have been discovered around other stars — tonight Dr Angel Lopez-Sanchez or Professor Fred Watson will take you on a journey to these strange 'other' worlds. How do astronomers discover them? Find out how astronomers detect exoplanets around other stars, and hear about the most interesting planets we have found out there!
Powerful telescopes from the Northern Sydney Astronomical Society will allow an amazing insight into the world beyond Earth.
Astronomy Night Dates and Themes
Tuesday 18 May Winter night sky mysteries
Thursday 17 June Winter Solstice Skies
Tuesday 17 August Astronomy Family Night for Science Week
Wednesday 15 September Spring is in the night sky
Astronomy at The Calyx will be observing strict physical distancing and hygiene measures to protect the health of visitors and staff and minimise the spread of COVID-19.
What we're asking you to do...
- Keep a safe distance from others during your visit and follow NSW Health advice.
- Please follow current NSW Health rules for mask wearing whilst at our event sites.
- Please don't visit if you feel unwell or have experienced any cold or flu like symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Keep up to date with NSW Health advisories about COVID-19, including outbreaks.
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app.
- Please download and register your details on the Service NSW app prior to attending. This will be used to check in on the day