Sunday 27 October 2019
Start times are staggered every 15 minutes between 10am and 3pm. The course will take about 30 to 45 minutes to complete.
Children of all ages are welcome and must be accompanied by an adult. Recommended for ages 5 to 10 years old.
$17.70 per child. Cost of ticket includes trail map for challenge activity locations stations and a sweet treat on completion of each activity. Only children with a ticket will receive a trail map and sweets.
Adults do not need to purchase tickets if they are accompanying children with a paid ticket/s.
Meet at The Calyx, Royal Botanic Garden Sydney to collect your map.
Wet Weather Policy:
This event goes ahead in wet weather, so please come prepared with wet weather gear. The event will only be cancelled if inclement weather is dangerous i.e. high winds or lightning. An email informing of cancellation will be sent to the email supplied at the time of booking, at least 1 hour before the event start time.
Proudly brought to you by The Calyx at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Frequently Asked Questions
What shall I bring?
Do I have to stay with my child/children?
- A print out of your ticket or your ticket on your phone.
- A trick-or-treat bag to collect your sweets in (optional).
- Rain coat and umbrella if it's forecast to rain.
- Camera to take spooky photos with.
What will my child be doing?
- Yes. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
What happens if it's raining?
- Participants will receive a self-guided map that leads them to 5 challenges. Once they complete each activity, they will have their map stamped and will receive a sweet treat.
Do we have to come at our chosen time slot?
- The event will go ahead in all weather so please come prepared. No refunds will be given.
Does each child need a ticket?
- You must arrive for your session at your chosen time slot. You won't be able to do the trail earlier or later. There will be however, be other activities available for you to participate in while you are waiting such as face painting. We suggest you make a day of it and bring a picnic to enjoy the harbour views.
What time does it run?
- Yes. Children without a ticket will not be able to collect sweets.
How long does the course take?
- Sessions start every 15 minutes between 10am and 3pm. (Ticketholders only)
- Please note there will be a break from 12noon to 1pm. Garden Monsters need to have their lunch too!
Is face painting included in the price?
- Allow around 30-45 mins to complete the course.
Where can I park?
- No, face painting is an additional cost and is not included in your Garden Monsters ticket. Face painting is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note that the face painting can be very popular and you should expect some wait time and face painters will only be available 9.30am to 2.30pm.
Can I use my ticket at another site?
- There is meter parking along Mrs Macquaries Road - for closest parking, park near Henry Lawson Gate. It will be a busy weekend in the Garden, so we recommend that you take public transport and allow lots of time to get here. The closest train stations are Cirqular Quay, Martin Place and St James Stations.
What happens if it rains?
- No. This ticket is only valid for the date and location as specified and is not transferrable to an event at another park or garden.
- This event goes ahead in wet weather, so please come prepared with wet weather gear. The event will only be cancelled if inclement weather is dangerous i.e. high winds or lightning. An email informing of cancellation will be sent to the email supplied at the time of booking, at least 1 hour before your ticketed start time.