Sydney Science Trail excursions are back this August!
The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney and Australian Museum are bringing you and your students another jam-packed science experience during National Science Week, 14 – 18 August.
With a fantastic new program for 2023, the Sydney Science Trail excursion for schools will feature a science Expo, shows or Talking Science panels, a self-guided tour and interactive STEM workshops for both primary and secondary students.
Don't miss out on this celebration of science! Explore the full-day excursion program and book your spot now.
Secondary students: Years 7–11 | Monday 14 – Tuesday 15 August | 9:30am – 2:30pm.
Primary students: Years 3–6 | Wednesday 16 – Thursday 17 August | 9:30am – 2:30pm.
Diverse learners: Years 3–11 | Friday 18 August | 9:30am – 2:30pm | for homeschool groups, support classes, EAL/D students or any group with students with diverse needs.
Sessions: Entry includes four different sessions across the day:
1. Science show (Primary & Flexible days) or Talking Science panel (Secondary) at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
2. Science Expo at the Australian Museum
3. Interactive STEM Workshop
4. Self-guided experience of either the Australian Museum or the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Class groups rotate through four 60-minute sessions across two historic venues – two sessions at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney and two at the Australian Museum.
- Morning sessions: 9:30 – 10:30 & 10:30 – 11:30
- Lunch and change venues: 11:30 – 12:30
- Afternoon sessions: 12:30 – 1:30 & 1:30 – 2:30
Capacity: 480 students per day with half day at the Australian Museum and half day at the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney.
Cost: $18 per student (inc GST). Minimum charge of 20 students per booked group applies Monday – Thursday. Teachers attend free of charge.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9231 8134 for more information.
Bookings close 1 August 2023.