Criteria - Key Information
A subsidy of excursion cost and a travel subsidy is offered only to schools or classes registered as having special learning needs, remote or rural schools or special needs childrens’ organisations on the ACNC register, or other school groups with proof of disadvantage as described in the terms below.
Applications are now open for 2018.
If your school or organisation’s application is successful, we will subsidise the full staffing and materials/equipment cost of the Royal Botanic Garden (RBG) Sydney program and allocate a travel subsidy of up to $20 per student.
School excursions, children’s holiday and weekend programs at Royal Botanic Garden (RBG) Sydney.
Please note that a minimum and maximum number of eligible students applies – see below for details.
Excursion Subsidy Eligibility
Automatic qualification of complimentary excursion will be applied if:
- your school is listed on the DET list of Special Schools (Schools for Specific Purpose) or
- you are on the DET list of Support Classes in Regular and Special Schools
Application for complimentary excursion will be considered when:
- the majority of students in a class have special learning needs
- your school has an ICSEA score <900 for Resource Allocation Model funding
- your organisation is listed with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
Terms and conditions
- Schools or organisations that meet the eligibility requirements must complete and submit an application form for the Open Access subsidy program.
- Schools agree to disclose to parents, and organisations agree to disclose to paying clients that the excursion is being offered by the Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain Trust free of charge by including the statement and logo in the drop down at the bottom of the page.
- Organisations attending the program agree to complete a Survey Monkey evaluation following the program.
- Organisations receiving the subsidy are subject to the general terms and conditions outlined in the booking confirmation letter.
- The minimum number of students is twenty (20) per session. Please consider a joint application with a local school/organisation if you do not meet these requirements. Allowances for groups with additional needs may be considered.
- A maximum of three (3) groups (each of 25 students or less) may be complimentary per year per school/organisation.
- To receive a travel subsidy, schools are required to book and pay the full cost of travel to attend the program. They will receive the travel subsidy only after they have attended.
- To receive the travel subsidy, organisations are required to submit evidence from a travel company of full payment, along with an invoice calculated at $20 x number of students who attended the program or less (matching the cost incurred). This invoice should be made out the Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain Trust and must be received within two weeks of the program.
- Travel subsidy does not include cost of fuel for private vehicles or organisation buses.
- Organisations that cancel their booking are not eligible for the travel subsidy. Cancellations must be made in writing, eight (8) days or more prior to the booked date.
- The excursion and travel subsidies are offered subject to funding and program availability. All applications will be considered based on the criteria stated and offers of subsidy are made at the discretion of the Royal Botanic Garden and Domain Trust Sydney.