Fusarium, Phylogenetics, Biogeography, Fungal Systematics, Evolution, Arboriculture.
- Evolution of the pathogenicity gene Secreted In Xylem 2 (SIX2) in the plant pathogenic genus Fusarium.
- Putative effector genes detected in Fusarium oxysporum from natural ecosystems of Australia.
- Variation in type A trichothecene production and trichothecene biosynthetic genes in Fusarium goolgardi from natural ecosystems of Australia.
- Novel Fusarium species from natural Ecosystems of Australia.
- The efficacy of Phosphonate and Propiconazole in the control of Norfolk Island Pine decline caused by the fungus Neofusicoccum parvum.
- The host range of Neofusicoccum parvum in the genus Araucaria.
Matt Laurence works at PlantClinic in the Royal Botanic Gardens, contributing to the Plant Pathology and Mycology research program and running the Plant Disease Diagnostic Unit.