Join author, gardener and former ABC Gardening Australia presenter, Mary Moody, on a delightful and intimate 7 day exploration of the gardens of the Blue Mountains and Central West.
Join the wonderful Mary Moody on a tour from the Royal Botanic Gardens and Barangaroo on Sydney's stunning harbour foreshore, where you'll head west to take in the beautiful cool climate of the Blue Mountains Botanic Garden, the only one of its kind located within a UNESCO World Heritage Area. You’ll be visiting private and open gardens, including the colourful Bathurst Spring Spectacular, the extensive Mayfield Gardens, and Mary's own garden in Blackheath, you'll enjoy all that the region has to offer. Staying in comfortable hotel/motel accommodation, you'll also enjoy delicious regional food and wine, as Mary shares personal stories and insights in this region that is very close to her heart.
Another great part of this tour is a portion of your tour fee goes to the Foundation & Friends which benefits the Gardens' conservation, science, education, and horticulture efforts.
About your Leader: Mary Moody
Mary trained as a journalist on Australian Women's Weekly in the late 1960s and spent several years as a reporter and feature writer on various Sydney magazines and newspapers. In the 1970s she moved to Leura in the Blue Mountains with her young family and became a passionate organic gardener. She used her journalistic skills to write and edit more than forty gardening books and magazines, and for ten years she was the NSW presenter on the ABC's top rating show Gardening Australia. After the death of her husband David Hannay in 2014, Mary sold the farm where they had lived for 15 years and moved back to the Mountains where she is developing a large garden in an extended family home with her son Ethan, his partner Lynne and their three children. She now has eleven grandchildren.
- Intimate insights into the gardens and people of the Blue Mountains and Central West
- Behind the scenes stories as Mary shows you through the Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney and the Blue Mountains Botanic Garden in Mt Tomah
- Exquisite cool climate gardens
- Witnessing the 'spectacular' Bathurst Spring Spectacular
- Special supper and Wine Tasting at Bishop's Estate
- Delicious winery lunch in Orange
- Exploring historic National Trust town of Millthorpe
- Stunning Mayfield Gardens in Oberon
- Bubbles in the garden of your tour host, Mary Moody
- Travelling in the company of your delightful host and Blue Mountains local, Mary Moody
for the full itinerary, the booking form, and more information.