Elizabeth weaves mainly in hand-dyed wool and silk, producing scarves and wraps with a luxurious handle and unique colouring. The scale of pieces ranges from filmy fine yarns to heavy rugs.
Elizabeth has been exhibiting in the Craft shows since 1993 and is a member of the Society of Arts and Crafts of NSW.
Elizabeth has received the following awards:
In weaving, weave structures are combined to create texture. Elizabeth enjoys using rich colours and dyes most of her yarns, especially silk, inspired by the landscapes seen in travelling. She enjoys the challenge and exploration of new techniques.
- 2008- “Best in show” Living with Beauty, textiles for the home exhibition , in Colorado Springs USA for a double weave hanging
- 2012- the Complex Weavers award at their exhibition in Los Angeles- for a series of 3 scarves
- 2013- the Colour award at the New Zealand Creative Festival, for a hand dyed wrap, also the merit award for Complex Weaving- double weave hanging
- 2014- third place in Woven Together Firestorm exhibition Colorado Springs USA- double weave hanging.
- 2014- Exhibited in Complexity, exhibition of the Complex Weavers group.