The Land of the Thunder Dragon
This Tour takes you to one of the most beautiful and most remote kingdoms in the world - Bhutan. Limited numbers of travellers each year can enjoy this magical country and its hospitable people who live by the mantra of Gross National Happiness.
About Your Leader: Relle Mott
Relle Mott has been associated with the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney for many years, as a supporter through Foundation & Friends, and as part of the Education & Community Programs team, most recently as Manager until December 2015. Relle’s background is in Education, Horticulture, Japanese Language & Culture, and Art. In March 2016, Relle joined Kaldor Public Art Projects as Special Projects Coordinator for Project 32: barrangal dyara, a large-scale exhibition by Aboriginal artist Jonathan Jones, within the Royal Botanic Gardens in Spring 2016. She has led several walking tours to Japan, including one for the Foundation & Friends, to enjoy the unique landscape, food and culture.
At a Glance
• The Bhutanese people - smiles and friendliness
• Stunning, pristine Himalayan mountain scenery
• Phobjikha Valley - the winter home of the rare black necked crane
• Punakha Dzong - the Palace of Happiness
• Tigers Nest - Taktsang Monastery
• Understanding Gross National Happiness
Click on the link for the full itinerary