Welcome 2020 from one of the most desirable locations in Sydney, the Royal Botanic Garden.
Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens invite you to experience New Year’s Eve at our exclusive water-front picnic. Situated on the Mare and Foal Lawn within the stunning Royal Botanic Garden, one of the best vantage points in town!
This self-catered picnic-style event is perfect for groups of all ages, including families with children. The event is fully enclosed in a secure area, where you will be able to stretch-out with your picnic rug and beach chairs to enjoy the Sydney fireworks show. The Mare and Foal Lawn is one of the few harbour-side locations in Sydney where alcohol (BYO) is permitted. Capacity is limited at this family-friendly event, so that guests may have the freedom to relax in the ample space provided.
- Stunning waterfront views of the Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
- Ample space to set-up your own picnic in the beautiful surrounds of the Royal Botanic Garden.
- ‘Bring Your Own’ (BYO) food and drink. (Please note glass is NOT permitted).
- Family-friendly atmosphere for people of all ages, including children.
- Limited capacity in a designated, secured area in the Royal Botanic Garden with facilities.
- Entry opens from 5pm, closing strictly at 8.30pm for the 9pm fireworks. No entry after this time, or pass-outs, are permitted.
Tickets are only available to members of Foundation and Friends of the Botanic Gardens.
To purchase NYE tickets you must be a current member of Foundation & Friends as of 31 December 2019, or; select a ticket bundle that includes a 12-month membership.
If your membership will expire before December 31, renew online
New Individual Membership + 1 NYE Ticket $270: Book
New Household Membership + 2 NYE Tickets $495: Book
Foundation & Friends Members NYE Ticket $200: Book
Children (6-15): $30
Children (0-5): Free
Booking Fee per ticket - $2.45 + 1.4%